Accessibility Statement for Goosefoot Barn Cottages
We welcome everyone at Goosefoot Barn Cottages. Each cottage is different in terms of its layout and therefore not all of the cottages will be appropriate for all guests.
If you have any specific questions or requests then please do not hesitate to contact us via email or telephone.
- This cottage is all on one level. There is one step (18cm high, 104cm wide) up into the cottage.
- There is one bathroom with bath and shower over and no handrails. There is also an ensuite shower room with a step up into the shower. There is a moveable grab rail available if required.
- There is parking near to the cottage which is accessed via five external steps (22cm high, 62cm deep and 110cm wide) with a handrail on the left hand side. Alternative parking can be arranged where there is level access.
- This cottage has a private, secure garden. There is a gravelled area immediately adjacent to the cottage with a step up (26cm high, 42cm deep and 104cm wide) to a grass slope up to a lawned garden with borders.
- Suction grab rails and a shower stool are avaiable.
- This one bedroomed cottage is awarded M2 status.
- This cottage is all on one level and was designed with wheelchair users in mind.
- There is a shower room with a walk in shower. A shower stool is provided.
- A swivel mirror is provided in the shower room.
- Toilet seat height is 43cm.
- There are grab rails beside the toilet and hand basin and also in the shower. There are moveable, suction grab rails also available.
- Hand bell for emergencies is provided.
- Bedroom door opening is slightly less than recommendation due to door stop.
- Very spacious open plan kitchen/lounge/dining area.
- Carver chair for use at table.
- There is a low level worktop in the kitchen and access beneath the sink. Cooker within easy reach.
- All power points are at an accessible level.
- Parking is close to the cottage with access via a paved pathway with support rail.
- There is a private patio area with table and chairs.
- There is one step (14cm high and 73cm wide) into the cottage. All of the ground floor is on one level.
- This cottage is on two floors; ground and first floor. There are six steps (22cm high, 25cm deep and 80cm wide) to a half landing then six steps to the first floor. There is a handrail on the right.
- Both bedrooms are upstairs each with ensuite facilities.
- The twin room has an ensuite shower room with a step up into the shower. The king sized room has a shower over the bath, there are no handrails in either ensuite. A moveable grab rail is available if required.
- Parking and unloading is available near to the cottage (approx 20m).
- Two benches are provided in the courtyard area outside Diddlebury Cottage with two small coffee tables.
- There are four stone steps (20cm high, 33cm deep and 118cm wide) up into the cottage.
- This cottage is on two floors; ground and first floors. There are six steps (22cm high, 25cm deep and 80cm wide) to a half landing and then six steps to the first floor. A hand rail is on the right hand side.
- The bedrooms and bathrooms are downstairs and the living accommodation is upstairs.
- There are two bedrooms both with ensuite facilities. The double room has an over bath shower. The twin room has a shower room with one step up into the shower, there are no handrails in either ensuite. A moveable handrail is available on request.
- Parking is available near to the cottage, although unloading is possible next to the entrance steps.
- There is a table, a bench seat and two chairs on a lawned area near to the cottage.
Games Room and Laundry Room
- There is a 28cm high up and over step (36cm deep and 94cm wide) into the games room, which is then all on one level.
- The games room leads to the laundry room which is entered by stepping down one step (14cm high and 99cm wide).
- We are happy to offer a laundry service free of charge should you find access to the Laundry Room too difficult.
General information regarding all cottages
- There is a farm gate between the farmyard and Goosefoot Barn which is sometimes closed. It is easy to open, but can be a bit muddy in wet weather. If you have concerns about this, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
- Guest welcome information is in font size 16, larger print is available on request.
- There are bedside lights next to all beds, in addition to the main ceiling lights which are controlled from a switch by the door. Plug in nightlights are also available.
- The parking is tarmaced and the courtyard gravelled.
- The duvets and pillows are made of synthetic filling not feathers.
- Heating is thermostatically controlled and adjustable by a main thermostat in each cottage and individual radiators in most rooms.
- Mobile phone reception is variable, guests are welcome to use our phone when necessary.
Assistance Dogs and other pets
- We welcome Assistance Dogs and other well behaved dogs in all cottages.
- We have dogs and cats of our own, none of which are allowed in the cottages.
- Our animals are friendly with everyone, including children, although the dogs can be bouncy! If requested, we will do our best to ensure that they are kept out of the way during your stay if they worry you.
- We have free range chickens.
- We sometimes have pigs which are kept securely, away from the cottages.